Travel back in time to the 1850s at Needham's own
The schoolhouse was built in 1842 and used until 1869. It became a private home before it was recently moved to its new location near the Newman school on Central Avenue. It is next door to the Matthias Mills House, the site of the new Historical Society. It has been restored and will be furnished and used for educational programs.
Adapted by Kathleen Martell
from a SMART Board notebook written by Erin Santos 2008
Needham Public Schools, Needham MA