Old Houses of Needham

 

 

 

 

Fuller House | Townsend House | 2nd Fuller House | Tolman Gay House | Hearthstone Farm | Bird House | Hawes-Newell House | Lewis House | Ebenezer McIntosh House | Nathan McIntosh House | Whitney House |Ezra Fuller House | Mills House | Little Red School House | Needham Historical Society

The Little Red School House 1842
1147 Central Avenue

The Upper Falls School House at its original location at 278 Central Ave and at its new home.
Watch the slideshow of the school house being moved!

Take a look at Mr. Ron Hylen's photo albums for more photos of the School House move.

The Upper Falls School: The Little Red Schoolhouse:
The Upper Falls School was built in 1842 for $474. The school house was one room with the teacher's desk on the opposite side of the room from the door. The wood stove was in the middle of the room with benches for the girls on the left and the boys on the right.

This is what 278 Central Avenue looks like now.

 

Julie Likel Minarski and Kathleen Martell
Needham Public Schools, Needham MA
June 2006