Old Houses of Needham

 

 

 

 

Fuller House | Townsend House | 2nd Fuller House | Tolman Gay House | Hearthstone Farm | Bird House | Hawes-Newell House | Lewis House | Ebenezer McIntosh House | Nathan McIntosh House | Whitney House |Ezra Fuller House | Mills House | Little Red School House | Needham Historical Society | Morse House

The Luther Morse House 1832
190 Nehoiden Street

Luther Morse bought this half acre of land from Needham's 4th minister for $50. Luther and his wife, Nancy, raised five children here. Luther was a blacksmith, the "Village Smithy" was across the street where Blacksmith Drive is now.

On snowy evenings, children used to race their homemade "double runner" sleds down Nehoiden Street, past May Street (then called Dangerous Road), and to the Amos Fuller House. If the snow conditions were really good they could make it all the way to the Luther Morse House. There were no cars to worry about back then.